Monday, February 27, 2012

Australia

So let me start out by saying that I have not been to Australia, but it is definitely number one on the list of places I'd like to go. My desire to go to Australia started when I was about 10 years old. My grandparents had just gotten back from a trip there, and after hearing all about it from them I knew that it was a place that I wanted to travel to.Whenever there's a travel show on about Australia, I am eager to watch it. It is a country I would love visiting.

I am a huge fan of beaches, and Australia is home to some of the most spectacular beaches in the world. One particular beach in Australia I have seen pictures and footage of is called Whitehaven Beach. This is a beach I'd enjoy visiting if I ever get the chance to go to Australia. I can definitely see myself sitting in the sand with a good book and my IPod there.


Being a fan of snorkeling, another place I'd have to go to in Australia would be the Great Barrier Reef. The Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef in the world, and it is home to many different kinds of fish and organisms. It is arguably the best snorkeling and scuba diving in the world. I can't even begin to imagine how amazing it would be to snorkel there and I really hope that someday I can!




Not only is Australia home to beautiful beaches and oceans, it's also home to beautiful mountainous areas too. One specific place on the inland of Australia I'd love to go to is called Uluru. Uluru is a large sandstone rock formation. It's huge and there are many Australian myths and legends that are associated with it. I've heard from several people that Australia has the most beautiful sunsets in the world, and this is definitely the place I'd love to see one.

No comments:

Post a Comment