Monday, March 19, 2012

Budapest

View from my hotel window.



A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to visit Budapest in Hungary with my school. We went to Budapest on our way home from Ukraine and stayed there for two days. I really wish we had more time because it was a beautiful city!
The architecture was amazing, and we were lucky to have perfect weather while we were there. The city at night was especially beautiful.

Wall of Names at Holocaust Museum

While we were there, we did several things. The first was visit the city's Holocaust Museum. I had never previously been to a Holocaust museum. It was sad and a tough experience, but the museum was beautiful and had a fully restored synagogue.

Open Air Market

While in Budapest, we also visited an open air market place. It was huge and had so many interesting things like food, clothes, and matroshka dolls (Russian nesting dolls).

View of Budapest from Danube River
On our last night in Budapest, our entire group attended a dinner cruise that was on the Danube River. This was one of my favorite activities. Again, the weather was perfect. Seeing the sunset on the river was amazing, and we also went by so many breathtaking buildings.

Hero's Square

We finished our last night by walking through the town and visiting a sights called Hero's Square. Hero's Square is home to a statue called the Millennium Memorial. We were able to climb on the statue and stand under the huge horses.

Parliament Building from Danube River
My trip to Budapest was so much fun. I learned a lot and got to see very beautiful sight, buildings, and statues. I can't wait for another opportunity to be able to go back and visit other European countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment