Sunday, April 22, 2012

Italy

For this post, I'm going to talk about Italy. I haven't been to Italy yet, but it is definitely on the list of places I'd like to go someday. I know several people who have traveled to Italy, and each one of them loved it. There are many reasons I'm drawn to Italy; the architecture, the history, the food, the wine, and the romance are just a few.

Trevi Fountain
Let's start with Rome. Rome is the capital of Italy, and it is one of the places I would love to travel to while there. It is an ancient city that, in my opinion, is home to some of the most beautiful buildings and statues in the world. Rome is home to the Spanish Steps, the Sistine Chapel, and more, but there are two places in particular that I would like to visit the most.  The first is the Trevi Fountain. The Trevi Fountain has been around since the 18th century. It is known for attracting tourists from all over the world who come to throw a coin into the water for good luck. It might seem silly to   some, but throwing a coin into the Trevi Fountain   is something I would love to do someday.
The Colosseum


The next place I'd travel to in Rome would be the Colosseum. The Colosseum is an amphitheater that is arguably one of Rome's most renowned attractions. For me, the incredible architecture and rich history that it hold are both reasons that I would visit the Colosseum. 

The Canal Grande


Another place in Italy I'd like to travel to someday is Venice. Here I would, of course, love to go on a gondola ride along some of Venice's famous and beautiful canals. The Canal Grande is perhaps one of the most famous in Venice.  It is know as "the most beautiful street in the city." I think that it would definitely be an amazing and once in a lifetime experience. 


The last stop for me in Italy would be Florence. Florence is known for it's architecture and art. Florence is home to Michelangelo's famous statue of David and so many artistic creations from Botticelli, Raphael, da Vinci, and more. The history and beauty of Florence seems like it would be breathtaking and definitely worth the visit.     
Florence, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment